I will always remember this day because it was the day that everything turned around for the better.
I had practice that morning. Everyone was asking each other if they were going to the Homecoming dance. Prev was interested in who was going with who because she wanted to know who was hiding boyfriends from her. I didn’t know how to answer when they asked me who I’m going with.
I was going with Tyler. But I didn’t know what exactly we were. So I would just say I was going with a group of friends. Pretty sure Prev wasn’t convinced, especially because at our Homecoming game she made me point him out to her while we were on the bench. (This is why I love her to death as a coach)
But I got home and spent the day wondering what I was going to wear and whatnot. Tyler had a cross country meet and he would text me sporadically, but I wasn’t mad. I knew he was doing one of the things he loved, so I wasn’t one to bother him.
At around 5ish (the dance was at 7), I got a text from him saying “Long ass day… cannot wait to see you.”
And I was thinking “Ha, how many times have I heard that?” but something in my head was telling me this was different when he said it.
Around 6, Cathy came over and started playing around with my hair. I was telling her all my worries and she kept trying to relax me. Vicki came over a little while later and we spent the last 10 minutes before we left trying to figure out what clip to put in my hair.
Got to the dance. Hadn’t heard from Tyler. Was freaking out because I thought that maybe I had been stood up or something. But then I saw him… with MY group of friends, not his. I snuck up behind him and wrapped my arms around him. He jumped at first, but when he saw it was me, he turned around with this huge smile and gave me the biggest hug ever. Took one look at me and said “God, you’re so beautiful”.
We took what felt like a thousand pictures. He dragged me over to the couples picture and something went off in my mind as if to say “Yeah, he’s trying to ask you out.”
Our first slow dance together… He held me so close to him. I wasn’t used to this, I’d never been that close to a guy in such a romantic way before. I rested my head on his shoulder and he began singing in my ear.
“My darling… you are wonderful tonight”
We spent all night together. I couldn’t get enough of him. When the dance ended, he took my hand and we walked out together. It was freezing and he pulled me close to him to keep me warm. I pulled back and looked at him. Everything just seemed so perfect.
Both of us came together at the exact same time and that was our first kiss. Such a coordinated moment, I could barely believe it.
… And then he asked me out.
- Dance. Forever.
- A good show for Theater Revue!
2,000 are kissing.
100 are getting head.
And you’re reading this.
Hang in there! ;]” —
- Tyler: What has 148 teeth and holds back the Incredible Hulk?
- Me: Your zipper. ;]
- Tyler: Did you know you have 206 bones in your body? ... Want another one?
- Me: When and where? ;]
- Tyler: If I were a stop light, I'd turn red every time you walked by just so I could stare a little longer.
- Me: Grab my arm... I want to tell my friends I've been touched by an angel.
- Tyler: If you were the new burger at McDonald's, you'd be the McGorgeous.
- Me: Those are some nice pants... Can I talk you out of them?
- Tyler: I'm addicted to yes and I'm allergic to no... so what's it gonna be?
- Me: Hello, I'm a thief and I'm here to steal your heart.
- Tyler: I'm not drunk! I'm just intoxicated by you.
- Me: Your lips look so lonely... would they like to meet mine?
- Tyler: You look cold. Wanna use me as a blanket?
- Me: You can fall off a building, you can fall off a tree, but baby the only way to fall is in love with me.
- Tyler: If your left leg is Easter and your right leg is Christmas... can I visit you between the holidays?
- Me: ... Did we really just spend 15 minutes saying pick up lines to each other?
- Tyler: Yeah, we did.
- Me: ... Wow.
- Tyler: We're pretty awesome, if I say so myself.
Our pipes burst. I haven’t shaved my legs in 4 days. I feel like there’s a jungle growing & that monkeys are gonna start leaping out any second now.
- How things were when I was younger… regarding my family.
- The blissful ignorance of childhood.
- Guy 1: We're going to play a rousing game of Twister!
- Guy 2: Rousing...? Game of Twister?
- Guy 1: That's right, bitch, I said rousing. I didn't AROUSING because that would've been sexual reference and uh... that would've been disgusting.
The nightmares. I can’t take them anymore. I haven’t gotten a good night’s sleep since last Wednesday night. :/